Sunday, December 16, 2012

Because life is sweet!

Sweet as a Cupcake


First off, I have to give credit where credit is due. This idea and subsequent tutorial came from a Pinterest idea (shocking, I know) The link for this source can be found here: Pinterest cupcake tutorial
So, now that I've confessed, let's get started! Also, just as a side note for those wondering why I am writing a tutorial on something that already has one- because mine are quite a bit different even though hers were my inspiration, and because I had so much fun doing it and taking the pictures along the way that I didn't want it all to be only for my enjoyment
Let's gather the supplies:
  • polyester snow balls
  • sprig of berries (your choice on size and color to achieve your desired end result)
  • hot glue gun and plenty of glue sticks
  • yarn, buttons, beads, glitter (anything you want to adorn the cupcakes with) 
  • scissors
  • cup cake papers/liners 



* I would say that right before and right after Christmas is a great time to shop for these supplies, I was able to get my snowballs and berries for a steal from my local craft store due to the awesome holiday sales they had going on.  

                                      
Directions:

  • Hot glue a spiral onto the bottom of the snowball and place it in the cupcake paper. Squish it down in there really well. 
  • Slowly glue a dot at a time around the edge of the snowball and cupcake paper to make it all stick evenly around, making sure to shape it along the way to maintain a nice round cupcakey look. (roll it around in your hands afterward to make it take proper shape and really bond well)





  • Begin gluing one round at a time your base yarn or "frosting" until you've covered the whole thing. See pictures below.



  • Next, make your ornament hanger. Cut a length of yarn two to three inches long and hot glue the tails to the top center of your cupcake.
     


    • Pull a berry off the sprig and hot glue it into place on top of your hanger tails to hide them and more firmly secure the hanger. 
    • Lastly, top your cupcake! Glue yarn on in a zig zag pattern to make it look like drippy icing, glue buttons on one to make it a polka dot cup cake, glitterize one just for fun, but most importantly, have fun! If you have questions about how to make a cupcake look like any I have pictured below, comment,  and I'll help you out!




      Merry Christmas!!

















    No comments:

    Post a Comment